resources missing

Started by kartal, Jun 29, 2019, 01:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kartal

Hello.
Some resources (old ones) in game are not existing in swgaide. (since swgcraft down)
No way to import in the inventory.
Is there a way to create those manually ?

Mr-Miagi

You can still add them to your inventory manually... if name lookup fails you should have the option to select the type of class, and then manually enter stats... this allows you to add a "local" resource to your inventory.

You can also submit historical resources to the database via the submit resources tab, making sure to check the "historical" option near the bottom of the window. This puts it in the database so that everyone will be able to see it as an old resource.

Unfortunately until the historicals are more populated in the new database it will have to be this way for a bit.... sorry.
Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.

Mr-Miagi

Quote from: kartal on Jun 29, 2019, 01:24 pmHello.
Some resources (old ones) in game are not existing in swgaide. (since swgcraft down)
No way to import in the inventory.
Is there a way to create those manually ?

All historical resources have been added to the database now. Happy resourcing :)
Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.

Jaffy

Thanks for adding the Historicals.

So what are the steps I now take if I wanted to look up what is the best resource for what I am going to make so I can search for it on the bazzar ?

Previously I would have gone to SWGcraft.org and found the name from there but are you saying there is some way I can search on SWGaide.com ?

Sorry if I am being dumb but I only see current resources listed on the SWGaide.com site.

SWG Legends:
Jaffy
Jaffee
Jaffs
Kimogilla
Uranu

Mr-Miagi

Jul 04, 2019, 07:07 pm #4 Last Edit: Jul 04, 2019, 07:23 pm by Mr-Miagi
Quote from: Jaffy on Jul 04, 2019, 08:53 amThanks for adding the Historicals.

So what are the steps I now take if I wanted to look up what is the best resource for what I am going to make so I can search for it on the bazzar ?

Previously I would have gone to SWGcraft.org and found the name from there but are you saying there is some way I can search on SWGaide.com ?

Sorry if I am being dumb but I only see current resources listed on the SWGaide.com site.

I don't have those functions written yet for the site. Having all historicals means (for right now anyway) that folks who desire to add old stuff to their inventories in the aide app... will be able to find them on the name lookup.

It also means we have a complete data set here now for future use which saves a lot of time trying to manually add old stuff.

The website only shows current like you said for the moment. I do plan to have search functions and schematic lookup, SB's etc in the future, I just can only write so fast haha so bear with me while I wear my fingerprints off on the keyboard  ;D