Sync with swgcraft questions

Started by Wilwa, Sep 27, 2020, 11:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilwa

I'm on Basilisk

If I update a resource on SWGCraft, does SWGAide pick that up that change? If it does, what's the timeline on the sync, is it every day, week, etc?

Example:
I updated
Sreidi   Tatooinian Animal Bones   303   283   645   435   558
from
Sreidi   Tatooinian Animal Bones   383   283   645   435   558

when will SWGAide pick this up? Or does it not?

Also, I pulled a list of all Tatooine Animal Bones from SWGAide thinking it would be the same as SWGCraft's list.  However, I found the resource Xihi missing from SWGAide, but it's been on SWGCraft since 2019.

I know on SWGCraft I have to post on the forum to get a resource removed (example: Daymaupex is also entered in as Daymaupax) - so, if that gets removed on SWGCraft, does SWGAide also remove it?

Basically, I'm trying to do some cleanup and trying to figure out if I need to do it in both places or if SWGAide will automatically pick up the changes I make on SWGCraft.

Thanks!

Mr-Miagi

Account sync is just for reporting new in spawn resources, when reported on aide it will be reported to craft within an hour, account sync gives you credit at craft for it vs my default account.

Historical data is not exported, none of the sites share historicals via automation, way too much processing.

Stats are not compared in the feeds. At most missing planets on the spawn would be dealt with. The feeds from all sites are all "current" in spawn.
Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.

savacc

I just updated a long list of incorrect resource names on Basilisk that Wilma found.

You must be able to get "historical" data from SWGCraft, otherwise how do you get "all time" resources for schematics?

Mr-Miagi

Quote from: savacc on Oct 02, 2020, 09:40 pmI just updated a long list of incorrect resource names on Basilisk that Wilma found.

You must be able to get "historical" data from SWGCraft, otherwise how do you get "all time" resources for schematics?

Manually, anyone can post historical data if they wish.
Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.

savacc

Oct 03, 2020, 03:09 am #4 Last Edit: Oct 03, 2020, 03:12 am by savacc
I suppose, what i would like to know is, is what Wilma and I are doing to update SWGCraft useful to people using this site? Are you pulling anything from SWGCraft anymore, or do you have your own database?

I realize I asked the same thing in a PM, but thought I'd ask here for Wilma, and anyone else updating SWGCraft.

Mr-Miagi

Quote from: savacc on Oct 03, 2020, 03:09 amI suppose, what i would like to know is, is what Wilma and I are doing to update SWGCraft useful to people using this site? Are you pulling anything from SWGCraft anymore, or do you have your own database?

I realize I asked the same thing in a PM, but thought I'd ask here for Wilma, and anyone else updating SWGCraft.

I put most of this in the about page on here: https://swgaide.com/about.html

swgcraft went dark last year, nobody knew if it was coming back as nobody was getting responses from owners. This site was created because the swgaide java app HAS to talk to a website to perform many of it's functions. craft was dark for almost a month, I had this site up and running with it's own database design and code from scratch in a couple weeks... then a week or so later craft came back online.

So at this point it's mostly the user having a choice of which site they want to use, however the swgaide app itself it purely communicating with it's own site now.

The swgaide website still reports all new resources to craft as if it was the old client, so stuff is still getting reported to craft if people wish to use that website to lookup resources instead of this one. The java app however since the cutover solely communicates with this site.

This site also pulls a feed from GH just like craft does, and also pulls a feed from craft. The only thing it doesn't do is report to GH because they have never had an API.

savacc

Thank you for clearing that up. Now that I have rediscovered you, I intend to be more involved here. I think I can offer some knowledge of the game and SWGCraft to your forums.

EV_Shal (Sha'lla Bal)

Is the sync currently not working? It appears as if swgcraft.org has not pulled in a couple of days. I checked for Beyond and Legends.

PiigMee

Updated SWGAide for Legends 3 hours ago, no update on SWGCraft.  :(

Mr-Miagi

Was running ok on aide side. Investigated craft side and looks like they upgraded forum software a few days ago which broke access to their soap reporting api. Should be working again.

Asnokat

Morning,

Not sure if it is just me but it appears the pre-cu servers are no longer updating.  I am on Awakening and reports of new resources are now 4 days old.  I checked a couple of the other servers and it seems to be the same.

Is there any chance the app could pull from Galaxy Harvester instead of swgcraft?

Thanks,

Asnokat

Mr-Miagi

Quote from: Asnokat on Jan 21, 2021, 03:28 pmMorning,

Not sure if it is just me but it appears the pre-cu servers are no longer updating.  I am on Awakening and reports of new resources are now 4 days old.  I checked a couple of the other servers and it seems to be the same.

Is there any chance the app could pull from Galaxy Harvester instead of swgcraft?

Thanks,

Asnokat

It pulls from both but I have noticed there is something wrong with craft lately. I have disabled crafts feed until further notice as it just depleted all res for your server whereas they are still active on GH.

Also note that GH has a 24 hour lag because they only export their data once a day.

Asnokat

It has been more than 24 hours and we are still seeing issues with this.  I am trying to get the resources for Awakening and get an error.

The log file shows the following
=== STARTED: Sat Jan 23 09:24:46 EST 2021
[Sat Jan 23 09:24:51 EST 2021] [cmgr] SWGResourceManager:downloadHelper2: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 699
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 699
at swg.model.SWGPlanet.fromID(SWGPlanet.java:193)
at swg.swgcraft.SWGResourceManager.resourceAddPlanet(SWGResourceManager.java:1059)
at swg.swgcraft.SWGResourceManager.localXmlParse(SWGResourceManager.java:979)
at swg.swgcraft.SWGResourceManager.downloadHelper(SWGResourceManager.java:352)
at swg.swgcraft.SWGResourceManager.access$0(SWGResourceManager.java:330)
at swg.swgcraft.SWGResourceManager$2.run(SWGResourceManager.java:296)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

What needs to be done to get the resources updated so we can continue to rely on SWGAide for our crafting needs?

Thanks,

Asnokat

Mr-Miagi

Quote from: Asnokat on Jan 23, 2021, 02:33 pmIt has been more than 24 hours and we are still seeing issues with this.  I am trying to get the resources for Awakening and get an error.

The log file shows the following
=== STARTED: Sat Jan 23 09:24:46 EST 2021
[Sat Jan 23 09:24:51 EST 2021] [cmgr] SWGResourceManager:downloadHelper2: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 699
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 699
at swg.model.SWGPlanet.fromID(SWGPlanet.java:193)
at swg.swgcraft.SWGResourceManager.resourceAddPlanet(SWGResourceManager.java:1059)
at swg.swgcraft.SWGResourceManager.localXmlParse(SWGResourceManager.java:979)
at swg.swgcraft.SWGResourceManager.downloadHelper(SWGResourceManager.java:352)
at swg.swgcraft.SWGResourceManager.access$0(SWGResourceManager.java:330)
at swg.swgcraft.SWGResourceManager$2.run(SWGResourceManager.java:296)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

What needs to be done to get the resources updated so we can continue to rely on SWGAide for our crafting needs?

Thanks,

Asnokat

Two things, your dat file looks like it's corrupt.

The other thing is you should complain to GH because no new resources are in their exports for your galaxy. http://galaxyharvester.net/exports/current27.xml

Nothing there for 21-22 Jan even though the home page shows user reporting activity.

There is NOTHING I can do about this on Aide end if the data is not in these sites exports.

The other option is to report res directly to aide.

Asnokat

Thank you.

I got the data issue resolved and have informed Galaxy Harvester of the export issue.  Hopefully they can quickly resolve it and if it is affecting any other users they can benefit from this.

Thanks again for maintaining this site and the tool.  Very much appreciated.

Asnokat