Import Inventory from Galaxy Harvester

Started by Musashi, Jun 21, 2023, 04:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Musashi

Jun 21, 2023, 04:21 pm Last Edit: Jun 21, 2023, 04:25 pm by Musashi
Howdy,

I tried searching but haven't found an answer, so here goes.

I exported my inventory list from Galaxy Harvester. It saved as "inventory.csv". I tried using "CSV Restore" option in SWGAide (Windows version) and pointed it to that inventory.csv file. It gave me an error which says:

Invalid header
No valid header line
Review documentation on file system syntax, press F1
Aborting
[OK]

I tried hitting F1 but it did nothing.

I can open the .csv in LibreOffice and there are no problems with it. It exported from GH just fine.

So my first question is: Surely I can't be the first one to try this. Can anyone point me to a clue?

Failing that, my next question is: Where can I find the information on what the "header line" is supposed to look like?

Also, can I make a suggestion that the SWGAide devs make it possible for SWGAide to simply import a GH inventory export?
I wouldn't want to manage my inventory in two separate places, and it seems a bit of a PITA to have to manually add a header line to the .csv every time I export my GH inventory and I doubt that GH is going to change their export to include an SWGAide-specific header.

Even better, how about an option to grab/import the inventory from GH directly?
GH allows for sharing of a user's inventory. You can add others as "friends" and they can then see your shared inventory, or you can make it public for anyone to see.

Of course, if this is all explained somewhere and I failed to find/notice/pay attention/RTFM - feel free to flame away, I can take it. :)

Cheers!

P.S. I just realized that I can manually add a resource to my inventory in SWGAide, then do a CSV Backup, which should create a new file which should have the header in it. So I suppose there is a way for me to find out what the header line is supposed to look like. I haven't done it yet, but it should work.