How To? **The Format and method to Import resource info from ingame**

Started by ThantoTTV, May 09, 2020, 09:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThantoTTV

HI all, Im new to this. I see the option to allow for importing all of my resources and amounts etc, from my in game notes file.

sounds AWESOME!

So uhhh. how the hell do I do that? As in how does it need to be typed up, or formatted for the Unity to read it and import the information?

Anyone got a walk-through or some kind of explanation for me?

THANKS!

Thanto
**SWG LEGENDS** Durka Ordo, Me'sen Ordo

Mr-Miagi

Quote from: ThantoTTV on May 09, 2020, 09:38 pmHI all, Im new to this. I see the option to allow for importing all of my resources and amounts etc, from my in game notes file.

sounds AWESOME!

So uhhh. how the hell do I do that? As in how does it need to be typed up, or formatted for the Unity to read it and import the information?

Anyone got a walk-through or some kind of explanation for me?

THANKS!

Thanto
**SWG LEGENDS** Durka Ordo, Me'sen Ordo

Click the Notes Export button in the inventory panel and select a file to use. Open that file in game (or any text editor) and it will have a commented mini howto format with no inventory entries (if you have no inv to export). I will also paste this below:

Quote# SWGAide :: Inventory for All @ SWG Legends at the notes file format:
# To change the amount you can optionally prepend + - or = to the amount value which will
# add, subtract, or set the amount, press F1 for details

# assignee, resourcename, amount, cpu, notes

Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.

bode

I'm sorry, but this doesn't appear to really answer the question. I literally went to Notes Export button in the inventory panel and there wasn't a file available. It seems an amazing feature to be able to add your ingame inventory to swgaide, but I too am new and haven't found a very helpful guide on how to do this. Is there a step by step procedure?

Mr-Miagi

Quote from: bode on Sep 11, 2020, 03:00 amI'm sorry, but this doesn't appear to really answer the question. I literally went to Notes Export button in the inventory panel and there wasn't a file available. It seems an amazing feature to be able to add your ingame inventory to swgaide, but I too am new and haven't found a very helpful guide on how to do this. Is there a step by step procedure?

Hit F1 key while viewing inventory. Outlined there. Also there are video tutorials on it. Click Help at top of this page also and look under swgaide.
Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.