[Feature Request] Show Server Best Resources in Desktop App

Started by tiro_silex, Jan 12, 2022, 08:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tiro_silex

One great feature of the swgaide.com website is that whenever you open a schematic, a list of server best resources appear at the bottom. If possible, it would be awesome to also have such a feature somewhere in the desktop app. Since such ranks are already being calculated by the website, hopefully they could be imported also into the desktop app?

I suppose one logical place for such an option would be under the Schematics --> The Laboratory tab.
One suggestion on how to do this is below. Please excuse my crude Paint skills.

Even better, in my opinion, would be to also have such a feature under the Resources --> Current Resources tab. Whenever a view of resources is selected (e.g. "All Resource Classes"), the resource list would have a new column, ranking the top 10 server best resources, including historical, depleted resources. Non-top 10 resources can be blank. Importantly, this would also work if another view, such as a Guard, is selected. Something like this:

What do you think? Would it even be possible? Perhaps it could be solved alltogether differently?

Thanks for reading :)

Mr-Miagi

Traditionally this is what your inventory is used for. Generally we keep track of SB stuff in our inventories (whether we actually own any or not), anything in inventory shows up under a schematic in the lab.
Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.

tiro_silex

Yup, I'm also currently tracking SB resources through inventory, and it works more or less well.
The issues is that its a manual task. I've always been a resource trader, so keeping track of a lot of/all different SB resources is a lot of manual steps and work. Also, what happens if I dont play for a few days, during holidays, etc. I would need to backtrack all spawns for that time. An automated solution, like on the website, would solve these issues :)

Siymon

I like these ideas as well.  Would make the application more complete.