Account linking to swgcraft

Started by Mr-Miagi, Jul 08, 2019, 04:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr-Miagi

Jul 08, 2019, 04:43 am Last Edit: Jul 08, 2019, 06:52 am by Mr-Miagi
Yes this is now a thing. Just unleashed tonight.
You will notice on the home page a button on the left called "Account Preferences" (only appears if you are logged in). From here you can link your swgcraft credentials to the aide site. All you need to do is enter your swgcraft credentials, it will attempt to verify them, upon success it will say verified and linked. That's all you have to do. The server takes care of the rest.

What this does: If you report resources via swgaide app, it obviously gets reported to the database here on the website... however linking your account will also report it under your name at swgcraft!

The server job that accomplishes this currently runs once per hour (subject to change). It does have a fallback to use my craft credentials if none are found/linked, so that craft always gets a full data report. Basically everything seen in our database vs theirs that is unseen gets reported. If an account link to the reporter is found, it uses those credentials, otherwise it falls back to using mine.

I hope this new functionality alleviates concerns on keeping craft up to date with resources reported here.

Current Limitations: New Resources and Depletions only. It will not handle name/class changes or updates to stats.

/Cheers
Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.

Malane

Excellent, thank you for spending your time restoring SWGCraft for us. I already linked my accounts so I'm going to submit only to SWGAide.com and let the quicker, more responsive and evolving SWGAide worry about Craft  ;) ;D
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain.