Mar 28, 2024, 05:02 pm

Quality: Mixed ??

Started by Schmoli, May 24, 2022, 04:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Schmoli

May 24, 2022, 04:58 pm Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 05:00 pm by Schmoli
I don't quite understand what this means here on some schematic pages, next to Quality... Mixed. I know about High and Low Q, but don't get mixed. Examples are Engineering schematics "Control Unit" and "Micro Sensor Suite." Do some schematics which use these subcomponents care about their quality while others do not?

Korda

I believe you are correct, Schmoli. When I crafted a Crafting Scanner Interface, it needed some components similar to those and they had to be top quality to reach the +3. If either of those go into building structure like houses and the like, I know the quality won't matter.  (I'll let someone else confirm that though.)

Mr-Miagi

Quote from: Schmoli on May 24, 2022, 04:58 pmI don't quite understand what this means here on some schematic pages, next to Quality... Mixed. I know about High and Low Q, but don't get mixed. Examples are Engineering schematics "Control Unit" and "Micro Sensor Suite." Do some schematics which use these subcomponents care about their quality while others do not?

Yep that's exactly it, quality "mixed" means it doesn't matter on some, and matters on others, so the mixed category per-se was created to cover that grey area.
Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.

Schmoli

Thankee for the help, much appreciated.