Mar 29, 2024, 12:31 pm

A few QoL Requests

Started by Jage, Jun 10, 2020, 03:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jage

Jun 10, 2020, 03:49 am Last Edit: Jun 10, 2020, 03:57 am by Jage
First I want to start off by thanking you for having such a nice site and great resource.  This site has been great for my style of learning.

I had a few sorting requests in hopes they are easy enough to implement.

1) Allow sorting schematics based on expertise into branches if desired. More specifically allow to filter by Chef, Tailor, Architect, Shipwright, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Droid, Weaponsmith and even Artisan respectively.

2) Please add Asteroids to the schematic views if they are part of the recipe.

3) Please add a spot where we can click the asteroid type and have it show all of the schematics that the asteroid type is used in like any other resource.  Being a newer returning player I am having a hard time finding a centralize resource that shows me this info.

4) Show some kind of resource shift info.  I only have dabbled in this so if it doesn't make sense sorry.  What I imagine is we have a spot on the resources page list if something is a JTL resource, and/or the level of spawn rarity.  Again I hope this makes sense?  I know it's something people learn playing a long time but again it would be awesome to be able to learn it visually while browsing resources.

I think that is all for now.  I look forward to your feedback.

Mr-Miagi

Quote from: Jage on Jun 10, 2020, 03:49 amFirst I want to start off by thanking you for having such a nice site and great resource.  This site has been great for my style of learning.

I had a few sorting requests in hopes they are easy enough to implement.

1) Allow sorting schematics based on expertise into branches if desired. More specifically allow to filter by Chef, Tailor, Architect, Shipwright, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, Droid, Weaponsmith and even Artisan respectively.

2) Please add Asteroids to the schematic views if they are part of the recipe.

3) Please add a spot where we can click the asteroid type and have it show all of the schematics that the asteroid type is used in like any other resource.  Being a newer returning player I am having a hard time finding a centralize resource that shows me this info.

4) Show some kind of resource shift info.  I only have dabbled in this so if it doesn't make sense sorry.  What I imagine is we have a spot on the resources page list if something is a JTL resource, and/or the level of spawn rarity.  Again I hope this makes sense?  I know it's something people learn playing a long time but again it would be awesome to be able to learn it visually while browsing resources.

I think that is all for now.  I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure if you are referring to the SWGAide desktop app or the website. "most" of this functionality is in the app already.

I did just now push an update to the webste that addresses #1. I realized precu profs were not being listed properly in the schematic page of the website. This is now fixed. It should list all profs correctly on the site now for both nge and precu servers. The app however has a similar dropdown in the schematics tab to filter things.

#2 This is in the app, if you add an asteroid to your inventory in the app you can right click it and select schematic viewer, it will list all schems matching if they require it. This functionality is on the site also but since asteroids are "special" they never show in a current resource list. I have been thinking of ways to show these permanently somehow but for now it is what it is.

#3 see above, but also the website does list asteroidal as requirements but does not include them in the server best lists because they are static resources that never change and never shift and stats always the same (maximum). This is why there is never a "current" asteroid ever listed as "in spawn" because they are kind of a special thing being static. However the schematics do list them as requirements.

#4 This has been requested before and is on my todo list for both the website (as probably a tooltip) and in the app. However with so many servers now in the mix and wanting to go their own ways on alot of things (eg custom schematics which I do have in place, and now even new planets are being requested)... this info may not happen as it would add considerably to the complexity. Instead I may just include it in the help sections since it's mostly a FAQ thing.

Hope that makes sense and gives some insight into what is currently in place and my future plans.

Again thanks for the feedback and suggestions, much appreciated.
Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.

Jage

I don't use the app only the site right now.  Maybe I need to try it but the site has been convenient enough for me.  Thanks for the heads up!